Find out about the eligibility for Fellowship and how to apply. Darllen y dudalen hon yn Gymraeg
Who is eligible?
We award Fellowship as a mark of distinction and recognition of contributions to psychiatry. You're eligible if you've been a Member for 10 years or more and can demonstrate significant contributions to the core purposes of the College:
- setting standards and promoting excellence in mental health care
- leading, representing and supporting psychiatrists
- working with patients, carers and their organisations.
Fellowship is open to both UK and Overseas Members, but unfortunately Affiliates and Associates can't apply.
If successful, Fellows can use the title FRCPsych once they've paid the prescribed registration fee.
How do I apply?
You must complete an application that explains your contributions to the College’s stated aim of patient-centred practice through: Professionalism, innovation and research, lifelong learning, fairness and inclusion, ethical practice and multi-disciplinary working.
- Early each year, we open the call for Nominations and Members who've achieved 10 years of Membership as of 1 January that year are able to apply.
- The forms to complete for the 2021 round will be available later in 2020.
- 2 Members or Fellows of the College who are familiar with your work should fill in the citation form. One of these two must be the Chair of a Faculty, Division or International Division. If you're unable to contact a Faculty, Division or International Division Chair, the Membership Operations department will contact your nominated Chair on your behalf.
- The closing date for submissions is 30 June each year.
- The College’s Nominations Committee consider applications in the autumn.
- We'll send the outcome to all applicants in October/November.
- If you're successful, after payment of the registration fee and top-up subscription fee, you can use the title FRCPsych and you'll be invited to a ceremony to celebrate your achievement.
If you have any further questions about Fellowship please contact the Membership Operations team on email@example.com or 020 3701 2566 / 020 3701 2589